Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

I've been trying to come up with a New Years resolution all day long and it hasn't been going well. 

My list so far goes like this...

In 2014:

I will learn new things about Jesus. 

I will drink excessive amounts of coffee while sharing life with sweet friends, rushing to 8a.m.s, studying for exams, and reading the Word from my precious Savior.

I will stop hoping in my own plans and start hoping in the Lord and His promises to me

I will tell extremely cheesy jokes and laugh at them myself.

I will learn to understand grace more deeply by giving it and acknowledging my need to accept it.

I'll take more pictures and cherish precious moments with the people that I love.

I will memorize more scripture

I'll drink too much diet coke and say yes to way too many McFlurry runs with my friends

I will read more books and seek more wisdom

I will pray longer and harder

And I will dream B I G G E R

See- it's a great list. And if I do all of those things, I know I'll be a better person for it (except for maybe the McFlurry part).

But what I really want in 2014 is to see God move in my life in a way that I never have before.

So what kind of resolutions do you make to meet a goal like that? Well honestly, I don't think it will be the kind that starts with "I will..." because if I truly desire for God to move in my life this year, then I believe that it will all boil down to one thing: in 2014, it won't be about me.

It wont be about me eating healthier, learning more, reading more, or going more places- it won't be about me at all.

2014 must be about all that GOD WILL DO and not all that I will do. 

Don't get me wrong, I am still going to try to do all of the things on that list. But my focus cannot be on myself but rather on glorifying Jesus through the things that I do.

So this year, if we want to see God move in incredible ways among us, let's stop resolving to do things to make ourselves better and start focusing on glorifying God for all that He will do.

He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30

2014 is going to be a great adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment